I made these over the weekend as a healthier sweet treat option in the evening. Due to some gut issues I’ve been having, I’ve had to completely cut out gluten, dairy, beans and nuts…for now. So, these macaroons make a great option when you are cutting all of those ingredients.
I also think that they would make a great pre or post exercise snack. If you haven’t had anything to eat for a couple of hours and are about to get a workout in, I would suggest grabbing 2-3 of these and popping them in before your workout.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- lemon juice of 1 large lemon
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump.
- Using a small cookie scoop, pack the mixture into the scoop and place cookie on cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies inside for 15 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator or put them in the freezer.
*These cookies are soft and slightly crumbly. I enjoy them frozen.